Saturday, April 4, 2009

Another Saturday

The day passed quickly. I went to another Teacher's Job Fair this afternoon and had a pretty good experience. Zach was a good husband and raked the front yard. It looks so much nicer now.

This evening after dinner we went to our friend S's house to meet up with other friends and watch the basketball game. It was strange to hear a knock at the door later in the evening and have my friend Beth walk through the door. S never talks to Zach about their dating, and so I never know what is going on. S has been sick for the past few weeks and so I didn't know if they had seen each other much or not. Apparently they have. She walked in and was completely comfortable coming into his house and taking his seat in the recliner while he moved to the floor. It was interesting to have her added to the group, a new experience. It is usually our friends, all married couples now, and single S, but everything seems to have changed.

Zach and I were the last of the couples to leave at about 11:30. It was different to leave S's house with Beth still there. Leaving them alone together. Knowing that although she was once my best friend, we have grown so far apart that I will never be someone she turns to and tells about this new relationship. Even asking her about it to open the door for confiding in me would seem strange. Maybe this relationship will soon reopen that door though. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment