Sunday, April 12, 2009

Moravian Sunrise

Zach and I went to a Moravian sunrise service this morning at Oakwood Cemetery. Oakwood is my favorite cemetery in the Raleigh area. It is an island of beauty and tranquility within the city that you never expect to exist. I actually didn't know about it until the first time I went to the sunrise service with Raleigh Moravian Church.

There is nothing more glorious than the Moravian sunrise service. We met on the grounds of the Cemetery, heard some wonderful scripture, sang lovely songs with solid messages, and were played through the grounds to God's Acre (the Moravian graves) by the brass band. It is a treat for all the senses, and connects you with the undeniable presence of God. I will always celebrate Christ's resurrection with Raleigh Moravian Church if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment