Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Notebook

I had never seen The Notebook until this evening. My husband put it in my Netflix queue and I thought that I'd finally give it a try. You have no idea how much joy I've derived from informing people that I have never seen the movie, and that it never crossed my mind to rent it and view it. Sigh, now that joy will be gone, but it was a good movie.

Zach and I talked about how horrible it would be if either one of us got Alzheimer's disease. I can't imagine him not remembering me or our future children and our entire life together. At the same time, I can't imagine not being able to remember who you are and never again recognizing your children, your husband, and your friends. I hope that the Lord spares us from this all too harsh reality for so many people.

Now to talk about Nicholas Sparks. This best selling author was once a pharmaceutical's sales representative. He wrote his first novel, had an agent send it to 25 publishers, and was offered a million dollars for his first ever book! How does that happen? He has been on the best sellers list with every single one of his books! That's too good to be true? How is it?

I want to write a book. I have some stories in my head, but I have never written them down. I'm afraid I can't do it. I worry that I'd never be able to make it what I want to be and that I'd ultimately fail. However, I will eventually try. I will write a book, get it edited, find an agent, and get it published. I will be an author one day. I know I can do it.

Until then, I'll just keep reading and thinking and blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment