Monday, January 26, 2009

The first Monday

This is my first Monday blog entry. This entry and every Monday entry going forward will be an upbeat post. This will be done in the effort to counteract the Monday blues...heading to work is never fun after a weekend of freedom.

My husband went camping this past weekend with the guys. He came back smelling like campfire smoke and dirt. I thought it was the most wonderful kind of natural cologne. He smelled so woodsy and manly, hahaha, and though I knew he hadn't showered the whole time he was gone, I didn't care.

Is this simply because we are still newlyweds? Will I eventually tell him to run upstairs and shower when he comes home from a camping weekend instead of drinking in the smells of experiences still lingering on his skin?

I hugged him for a solid three or four minutes when he got home. Time away always serves to clean out the cobwebs of irritation, held over childish anger, and selfishness that our daily experiences must filter through or get caught up in when they are left to accumulate.

I don't want our time spent together to become the background of our lives. Does anyone have advice for keeping each other in the foreground of our individual experiences?

I love my husband, even when he's dirty from camping with the guys. I'm glad that the newlywed-ness is still in effect, hahaha, sometimes it feels like it's gone too soon. I'm glad it has surged back into place!

No comments:

Post a Comment