Friday, February 20, 2009

Laid to rest

We buried Bosley under a smallish tree near the stream that marks the boundary of our yard. I wanted him to be somewhere serene and beautiful. Charlie walked out with us as we carried Bosley to his final bed. I ran my fingers through his fur one last time, told him I loved him, and then Zach laid him to rest. I covered him with dirt by myself, not wanting any help. Zach then helped me cover the freshly scarred earth with fallen leaves, and Bosley's little grave became one with the landscape. I will be looking for a good field stone this weekend to mark his resting spot. I miss him so desperately. He wasn't just a cat, he was my baby, my favorite little boy.

I can't write this without crying. Bosley is gone. All I have left are his collar, some fur on the floor, and a cast of his paw print. The last was a gift from Zach and the vet. I breaks my heart to run my fingers over it and know that I will never feel his little paws again, but it is a good way to remember him.

Oh, Mr. Bosley! Mommy misses you!

No comments:

Post a Comment