Thursday, February 5, 2009

Working from home

I am a Type 1 diabetic who is insulin dependent. This morning my blood sugar was extremely low and I had a tough time getting up and thinking straight. I'm so glad that Zach was there this morning to take care of me.

As a result of my low blood sugar, the start of my day was greatly delayed and I didn't feel well. I decided to start my work day at home, and then go to work after lunch. Now I know what it is liked to be spoiled, and I wish that I could do that every morning. There is nothing better than sitting on the couch wrapped up in blankets with a kitty on one side, a doggy on the other, my laptop in my lap, and being very productive in the comfort of my home. Not only was it nice to be able to work from my couch, but I was at home when Zach came home for lunch. That was the highlight of the experience. I wish I could work from home full-time, or just be a homemaker so that I could be there with a meal ready when he gets home from work.

One day, perhaps....

No comments:

Post a Comment