Monday, February 9, 2009

Proposal letter

I am a silly romantic. Since the day Zach proposed and put my beautiful ring on my finger, I have carried around the letter he used to propose to me in the box that he held out while on one knee. I don't know what he'll think about me sharing it, but I can't resist. I haven't told him about my blog, but I'm sure he's seen me working on it, though I try to keep it low key and hidden much of the time. I like thinking that I can write whatever I want to here without worrying who my audience will be.

Anyway, here is my proposal letter.

Courtney,

I love you. You are the most amazing woman that I know. Smart, caring, beautiful, loving, gracious, tender, selfless, fun, endearing and enduring. At one point I never thought the day would come when you would say I love you to me. It has come, and it is one of the highlights of my life. I wish I could go back and pinpoint the moment I fell in love with you. Although I don't know exactly, the feeling is so large I think I'm going to explode. Combining our lives is the next step. I am so excited and I have to ask....

(This is where he got down on one knee while I was sitting in the rocking chair on the front porch of his family home.)

Love,
Zach

My husband has always been a letter writer, well, at least to me. I really treasure that part of him, and love all the little notes and letters he has give me. He could not have chosen a better way to propose to me. It was essentially "him", and that is one of the reasons I love our engagement story so.

No comments:

Post a Comment