Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ah, Tuesday

Tuesday night is my television night. It is the only night that I have set aside to watch my favorite show, The Biggest Loser. Zach actually sits and watches it with me if he doesn't has something that he needs to do. Tonight he changed my oil and missed the first hour of the show, but he sat down and watched the second hour with me.

I love The Biggest Loser. I don't know why it fascinates me to watch people working out and losing weight, but it does. Perhaps it is because I wish that I could be one of them. I want a place on the Loser Ranch where I can have 24 hour access to a gym and a personal trainer to make sure that I do things the way I should. I want the chance to lose all the weight I shouldn't be carrying. I want the opportunity to lose weight and better manage my diabetes, but I want someone to help me do it. No, I want someone to make me do it.

I think that The Biggest Loser producers should come up with a different show that runs along the same lines. However, this new show should be one for people that's aren't 300+ lbs, but people that have trouble getting rid of the 40 or 50 lbs that are keeping them from being healthy. Sure, huge people need help, but what about the people that could eventually be huge and need an intervention. Yes, this new show should be an intervention show. Perhaps they could call it "The Next Ten Pounds." That next ten pounds could be all that's keeping someone from being obese, or it could be all they need to lose to be healthier. I would want to be on that show.

I'm trying to eat healthier now. I started off this week by restricting my caloric intake to 1400 calories. I've managed to do this pretty well for the past two days. I'll weigh myself at the end of the week and see if it made a difference. Next week I'll start exercising. Hopefully I can lose the 45 lbs that I want to get rid of once and for all. We'll see what happens. It will probably take time and determination, but I think that I can do it. Thank goodness I don't have 145 lbs that I need to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment