Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Together, what could be easier?

Apparently, anything is easier than trying to sit in front of the television together. I was sitting and watching my favorite channel, 39 - TLC. What Not To Wear was on, and I adore that show. While the show was on, Zach and I decided to get pizza for dinner. I ordered it and he went to pick it up. When he got back, What Not To Wear was over and Jon & Kate Plus 8 had started.

We ate sitting in front of the television and I turned the channel to try and find something we could both watch. We finished as I was channel flipping, he went to get dessert and didn't come back. When I went to find him, he was sitting alone in his den. I asked him if he would come and watch something with me. "Can we watch channel 31?" My immediate response was, "No." Channel 31 is ESPN. I changed the channel from what I always watch to try and find a compromise and he suggests the channel only he wants to watch.

When I asked him to sit with me and find a compromise channel, he did, but not for very long. After I went through several channels, he asked if we could watch channel 29, which is CNN. He just didn't get it. I was trying to find a compromise and he wouldn't compromise. Nothing was worth watching to him except sports or news, two things I never watch.

So now, I am sitting and watching Jurassic Park III by myself. Why can't men learn to compromise? Why does everything have to be sports all the time?

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment