Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rainy Saturday

Today is a rainy, gray day. I like these days as they remind me of Massachusetts. Looking out into the back yard and through the cedars to the field beyond, I am reminded of a particular view in Northborough, MA. The memory makes my heart ache.

Most of the furry bodies are asleep. The pups are in their crate, and Charlie is curled up on one of the dog beds. Asher and Levi are getting to explore the laundry room as I left the door between it and the party room open. They aren't brave enough to come into the den with everyone, but they are having a good time exploring this new terrain. I was able to walk Omie into the back room on a leash to introduce them, and she did a surprisingly good job just looking at them and sniffing them when she got the chance. Asher didn't seem too concerned about her, but Levi was hiding in the back bathroom shelves. He's beginning to remind me a lot of Bosley, and Asher is acting more and more like Charlie all the time. I find this rather amusing. Getting two new boys that have taken on the same personality characteristics as my original pair of little feline boys.







And so we are all having a relaxed day. Poor Zach is at work until 1:00, but he'll be home before long. I had planned on planting some iris bulbs that a friend at work gave me, but I'm not sure if I want to venture out and dig in the mud. It would probably be a good day to find the well drained soil that they need, but I think I'll do that tomorrow. For now I'll make myself a cup of warm cider and enjoy planning a project for a friend's new baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment