Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday Night Movie and Scrabble


I love Scrabble. It is my favorite board game, and I'm proud to say that I'm good at playing. I might not be the best at strategy, but my vocabulary and word creation skills are very good. A former boyfriend of mine, David, and I used to play quite regularly, but he was the exception to the rule when it came to my Scrabble history. He beat me every single time except for once when I managed to bingo twice and score over 400 points. David's strategic plays were the key to his success.

Now Zach is starting to get interested in playing with me more. He has a good vocabulary, but his spelling is atrocious. He has started playing online to boost his Scrabble skills, and I'm excited to see the difference it makes in his play. Last night, I watched a movie while he played online Scrabble. This amused me greatly, such a change in normal practice.


These amuse me more...Savage Chickens cartoons about Scrabble.


The movie I watched was The Duchess with Ralph Fiennes and Keira Knightley. It was a beautiful movie with the settings and costumes taking your breath away. The story itself was also very good as it was the true story of the Duchess of Devonshire. I love history, and I especially love this period of English history, the 18th century. I believe that I would do just about anything to have the opportunity to be in the period piece movies that Keira Knightley has had the chance to star in. Pride and Prejudice? I would give my right arm gladly. The Duchess? They could take my left arm, and perhaps a leg. My favorite by far is Jane Austen's magnificent work, but any period piece of worth would suit me. If they simply paid me by being able to keep the costumes, I'd do anything they wanted.

I believe I have some acting talents, but I don't think that I have the determination to see if I could break into the business. It's just too hard. If I could, I'd work for the BBC for free if they could teach me to master a British accent. I would do a lot of things just for the experience. Everyone should hire me and save money in these tough economic times. I would work for next to nothing!

So, The Duchess, a good movie that I openly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment