Sunday, March 15, 2009

Compromises and Cloverfield

I was going to write this post about the huge argument that Zach and I had about changing the oil in my car. However, I don't have the strength to complain at the moment. That is probably best for everyone. To sum up our lively debate, I was frustrated that he wouldn't listen to me and follow through on a compromise that had been made. He in turn was upset that I wouldn't let him do what he wanted to and therefore wouldn't "listen to reason". It was a difficult afternoon.

On a completely different note, we watched Cloverfield. I thought that the camera work was going to be annoying and difficult to watch, but it worked. The whole movie worked amazing well...that is until the end. Zach had already seen the movie and really liked it, ending and all. I really liked it until the ending. What happened? Sure, the people might have died, but what happened to the monster? The movie wasn't finished for me. I wanted more. Apparently, I'm not the only one, and a Cloverfield 2 is in the works according to a site called Cloverfield News. When watching the DVD special features, I was surprised at how quickly rumors and gossip spread about this "secret movie". More than that, I'm surprised that the whole story didn't leak into the internet mainstream by the time the movie debuted in theatres. Kudos to J.J. Abrams on making a secret movie that actually worked.

I recommend watching this movie on your laptop. Zach and I sat on the couch in his man den to watch this flick. Having it in that smaller format really made it seem like we were watching the movie on a hand held video camera. That added feel was really worth while. I'm looking forward to the sequal.

No comments:

Post a Comment