Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy

I found out today that Bosley died of Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM). This means that he had a heart attach instead of a seizure, and there was really nothing I could have done. This condition goes undiagnosed until this sort of thing happens. It didn't make things any better to know, but it's better than thinking that perhaps I could have saved him if I'd only known how to deal with the situation.

We will start looking for a new friend or friends for Charlie, as he is lonely. Hopefully we can find the perfect addition(s) to our family. I have the help of Independent Animal Rescue (IAR) and Marley's Cat Tales, two great foster rescue groups in my area. There are so many deserving cats looking for a forever home, there is no way that I would ever consider getting a cat that was not a rescue kitty. I have the greatest confidence in the help of these two groups to find my next feline fur kid(s).

I'll let you know what happens when there is news.

No comments:

Post a Comment