Thursday, March 5, 2009

Diets, Husbands, and Unfair Realities

My husband has been loosing quite a bit of weight recently. I'm very proud of him. He started out at about 270 and is now down to only 229. He is thinner now than I've seen him in years. How has he done this?

  1. Stopped buying fast food breakfasts with his coworkers. No more Bojangles, no more McDonalds, and no more Biscuit Stop or The Coffee Pot.
  2. Cut out his beer. I don't think the man has had a beer since last year when at home. He's had one or two when we have gone out to eat, but that isn't very often. That of course is number three.
  3. Cut back on eating out.
  4. Watch his portions. He is now probably eating about 40% less at each meal than he was previously.
These are the only things that he has done. No working out, no major diet, and no giving up on desserts. He has done so well, and yet it has been so easy! (well at least to me)

What would happen if I did all of these things? Well guess what - I do! I've never had fast food breakfasts. I don't drink! I hardly ever eat out anymore (we eat out together), and I try to watch my portions. I also try to avoid things I know to be fatty and bad for me. So, what has happened to me? I'm still fat. I've even gained some weight lately. I'm at 182. This is so sad.

Men have it so easy. I love what my husband has been able to accomplish for himself, but I'm so jealous I can't believe that I'm not actually turning green...yes, I should be neon green.

No comments:

Post a Comment